From 10 – 13 October 2019 the world’s biggest outdoor Netball Festival, NetFest took place for its 9th year in a row. Thousands of netballers from all over the world made their way to the Sunny Coast for beach tournaments, classic outdoor matches and Fast5 Netball comps at dusk, live music, celebrity matches and a pop-up bar!
This was NetFest’s second year at its new home on the Sunny Coast and despite the Saturday storms it did not disappoint! The competition was fierce across both venues – Maroochydore Multi Sports Complex and Mooloolaba Beach. Celebrity appearances, competitions and after-parties kept the players entertained all day long and the sun eventually came out for the finals!
This event is one of the biggest of its kind in the world and wouldn’t be possible without the hard work and support of Netball Australia, Sunshine Coast Council, and Tourism & Events QLD.
Check out the ins and outs of the event at https://netfest.com.au/
3vent were contracted to, in conjunction with Netball Australia, event manage the operations across both venues. Across 2 event locations , this includes:
- Liaising with sponsors and suppliers
- Sourcing event services including sound & AV, cleaners and security
- Organising event infrastructure such as marquees, fencing, waste equipment, toilets, power etc.
- Creating sitemaps
- Preparation of all WHS and Risk Management documents
- Placement of all event infrastructure – across 2 locations
- Onsite management of event sites – across 2 locations
- Supplying event staff for setup and pack down
There were a few adjustments and additions to the layout of this years event, including moving the marquees at the beach onto the Sand to ensure they were amongst the action of the courts and adding a pop-up bar for the celebrity match.
The hard-working 3vent team set up and packed down all signage and infrastructure for both venues and were onsite on each competition day to manage the day to day activities of the festival.