What an amazing event for an amazing cause! BRIGHT Walk raised more than $400,000 for lifesaving medical research which was a great result for the inaugural live event in 2022. In 2023, participant numbers grew and fundraising was a great success again.
BRIGHT Walk was first established as a virtual event during COVID-19 times however, with COVID restrictions easing, SAHMRI (South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute) decided to bring this event to life in July 2022.
Elder Park, in the heart of Adelaide, was chosen as the start and finish location for the event and the course (designed by 3vent Productions) led the 1,500 participants through the main street of Adelaide and up to North Adelaide after which they come back down through the city.
To live up to the name ‘bright’, SAHMRI decided to coincide the event with the annual Illuminate Adelaide festival which brightens up the capital city each July. Illuminate Adelaide installs many paid and free lighting installations throughout the inner city for people to explore for 30 days.
As well as some of the intriguing free Illuminate Adelaide installations, the 21km BRIGHT Walk course also included 10+ SAHMRI lighting installation to keep people radiated throughout their night walk. From Fire Performers through to multi-coloured arches and giant light-up letters where talented buskers played, there was definitely no shortage of entertainment along the route.
Yes, it was cold. Yes, the course was long. But most walkers made it across the finish line and were able to collect their medal. The feedback from participants was great with many saying it was ‘the best course in Adelaide’. SAHMRI and 3vent Productions are delighted we have been able to create an event which will be remembered for a long time to come and which will (hopefully) become an annual walk on the calendar of many Adelaideans.
3vent Productions was contracted by SAHMRI (South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute) to manage the operations of BRIGHT Walk from A to Z. As such, our role included:
- Submission of the event application
- Design of the 21km course
- Organisation of illuminated course activations
- Organisation of event infrastructure incl.
- Stage, PA and impressive lighting setup
- Light-up Truss Arch
- Hydration Stations (for village and course water stations)
- Event Vehicles
- Organisation of event services incl.
- Event staff
- Traffic management
- First Aid
- Creation of safety documentation incl.
- Emergency Management Plan
- Risk Management Plan
- Signage Plan
- Noise Management Plan
- Waste Management Plan
- WHS&E Management Plan
- Creation of site plans and layouts
- Creation of operational runsheet
- Organisation of flights and accommodation
- Liaison with Council and other major stakeholders
Bump-in & Event Day
- Management of staff and contractors
- Overseeing bump-in operations (in event village and along course)
- Erecting notification and directional signage (along course)
- Installation of event village signage
- Management of event volunteers