On the first weekend of December it is always time for the annual Mayor’s Christmas Carols presented by Mercedes-Benz Gold Coast!
Hosted at the Broadwater Parklands in Southport, the prestigious family concert features an abundance of entertainment.
Hosted by the brekky team from 1029 Hot Tomato (Galey, Mal & Moyra) this event is regarded as the premier Christmas event on the Gold Coast.
Every year, the event was headlined by one of Australia’s most popular and versatile performers. Past performers have included Kate Ceberano, Anthony Calea and David Campbell with a variety of special guests and top quality entertainers.
There is plenty of fun for little ones as well with the opportunity to Meet & Greet with Santa and the Grinch, in addition to arts & crafts, face painting, glitter tattooing and a pop-up playground. The Grinch Live stage show and the breakdancing are also a great hit with the kids!
The fantastic night of Christmas Carols is always concluded by a spectacular fireworks display which lights up the night’s sky over the Gold Coast.
It was a tough bump-in this year with the mercury reaching 37 degrees on some days but the event day was perfect for a fun afternoon and night for the whole family!
3vent Productions have managed the event operations and logistics of the Mayors Christmas Carols of behalf of the City of Gold Coast for 7 years at Broadwater Parklands. Each year this includes:
- Managing the large-scale technical stage production, including staging, Av/Sound & LED Screens
- Organising event services, including security & cleaning,
- Organising event infrastructure such as marquees, fencing, working at height equipment, waste equipment, toilets, power etc.
- Creating sitemaps
- Preparation of all WHS and Risk Management documents
- Onsite management of the 6-day bump-in/event/bump-out
- Supplying event staff for setup and pack down, including signage installation, erection of marquees, under hire allocation, placement of vendors, and bin placement
The hard-working 3vent team were onsite from Wednesday 4 Dec onwards to set up for this amazing event, with bump-out completed on Monday 9 December.
Despite the hot weather, the delivery of the event went smooth and the client was very satisfied with the result. The event was attended by approx. 10,000 people.